Our episode today takes a look at the 529 plans that states offer to their residents (and actually to residents of other states, too) as a way to save for college and protect the earnings on those savings from taxes. We are pleased to have Vivian Tsai, Senior Director of ScholarShare, and Yvette Haring, Team Manager of 529 Specialists for California, from TIAA. Vivian and Yvette work with TIAA to administer Californiaâs 529 plan, and they have lots of information for you about California and nine more states they work with and, indeed, about other states as well.
I am sorry that I didnât know Vivian and Yvette before I sent my own three children to undergraduate and graduate school. They really could have helped.
Check out these resources mentioned in this episode…
Ask your questions or share your feedback…
- Leaving a comment here on the show notes for this episode
- Calling us at (516) 900-6922 to record a question on our USACollegeChat voicemail if you want us to answer your question live on our podcast
Connect with us through…
- Subscribing to our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn
- Liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter
- Reviewing parent materials we have available at www.policystudies.org
- Inquiring about our consulting services if you need individualized help
- Reading Regina’s new blog, Parent Chat with Regina, or checking out our book, How To Find the Right College, which is now available for sale as a Kindle ebook or as a paperback workbook