In this episode, we continue our series on getting ready to apply to college with an interview with Andrea Mulkey.
Listen to Andrea Mulkey talk about the great guidance and support that her organization, EDWorks, gives to innovative high school and college partnerships across the U.S. An early advocate and designer of the Early College high schools initiative, Andrea has done a lot in the past decade to spread this win-win idea from state to state—including a long assignment right here in New York State.
In the interview, Andrea chats with Marie and Regina about the impressive numbers of high schoolers taking college courses for credit and the kinds of successes these students have had. Students enrolling in college courses for credit—whether through an Early College high school program or in a traditional high school with a college partner—is truly one of a handful of education innovations with no downside. Every high school parent should know about it.
Listen to the podcast to find out about…
- The impact of college study on struggling high school students
- Saving on college tuition by taking college courses during high school
- What community colleges might have to do with it
Check out these organizations and programs we mention…
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Middle College National Consortium
- National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships
- National Early College Conference
- New York State Smart Scholars Early College High School Program
Connect with us through…
- Subscribing to NYCollegeChat on iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn!
- Following us on Twitter @NYCollegeChat
- Reviewing parent materials we have available at Policy Studies in Education
- Inquiring about our consulting services if you need individualized help
- Following us on Facebook
Ask your questions or share your feedback by…
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question if you want us to answer it privately